The Linfield Center for the Northwest (LCN) ceased operations in 2018. For historical reference, the objectives for the LCN at the time of cessation are listed below.
- Establish long-term experiential learning practices with students which focus on local, regional and global intersections with the Pacific Northwest.
- To foster regionally-based internships:
- To facilitate regionally-oriented community service and service learning opportunities.
- To promote field experiences and collaborative research projects that are oriented toward issues in the Pacific Northwest or that have regional implications and/or applications.
- To invite visiting scholars who have regional research interests or who share research concerns that have implications for Oregon and the Pacific Northwest.