Honeywood Winery was founded by Ron Honeyman and John Wood in 1933 (established in 1934). Located in Salem, Oregon, Honeywood is one of the longest running wineries since Prohibition. Originally called Columbia Distilleries, Honeywood Winery became known for berry wines.
In 1943, Mary Reinke started working at Honeywood Winery. Her job involved overseeing various business aspects of the winery; she later took the business over and became the owner. Reinke is credited for saving the winery with her marketing and business strategy.